To get started with Kubecost and OpenCost, the recommended path is to install Kubecost Commmunity Version. This installation method is available for free and leverages the Kubecost Helm Chart. It provides access to all OpenCost and Kubecost community functionality and can scale to large clusters. This will also provide a token for trialing and retaining data across different Kubecost product tiers.
Kubecost provides real-time cost visibility and insights for teams using Kubernetes, helping you continuously reduce your cloud costs.
- Unified cost monitoringSee all of your Kubernetes and out-of-cluster spend in one place, with full cloud service billing integration
- Optimization InsightsGet customized recommendations based on your own environment and behavior patterns
- Alerts & GovernanceAchieve peak application performance and improve reliability with customizable alerts, configurable Availability Tiers, and real-time updates.
- Purpose-built for teams running KubernetesRunning containers on Kubernetes requires a new approach for visualizing and optimizing spend. Kubecost is designed from the ground up for Kubernetes and the Cloud Native ecosystem.
- Own & control all of your own dataKubecost is fully deployed in your infrastructure—we don’t require you to egress any data to a remote service. It’s deeply important to us that users are able to retain and control access to their own private information, e.g. sensitive cloud spend data.
- Built on open sourceKubecost began as an open source project with a goal of giving small engineering teams access to great cost visibility. As a result, our solution is tightly integrated with the open source cloud native ecosystem, e.g. Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Grafana.
For medium-sized teams and companies with more complex infrastructure you need the right features in place for efficiency, administration, and security. Kubecost Business offers even more features and control so that any team can use our products, according to your entire organization’s standards.
- Multi-cluster visibilityView all Kubernetes clusters by easily toggling between each individual cluster. Supports installation of Kubecost across an unlimited number of individual clusters.
- Long-term metric retention & saved reportsRetain spend, allocation, and efficiency data for up to 30 days. Provides custom reports saving for easily sharing across teams.
- Business supportDirect engineering and product support via Slack channel, video, and phone.
For larger teams and companies with more complex infrastructure, you need the right features in place for efficiency, administration, and security. Kubecost Enterprise offers even more features and control so that any team can use our products, according to your entire organization’s standards.
- Unified visibility across all Kubernetes clustersView aggregate spend allocation across all environments by cluster, namespace, label, team, service, etc. As an example, this functionality allows you to see the cost of a namespace or set of labels across all of your clusters. An unlimited number of clusters is supported.
- Long-term metric retentionRetain data for years with various durable storage options. Provides record keeping on spend, allocation, and efficiency metrics with simple backup & restore functionality.
- Advanced custom pricingAdvanced custom pricing pipelines give teams the ability to set custom per-asset pricing for resources. This is typically used for on-prem and air-gapped environments, but can also be applied to teams that want to allocate internal costs differently than cloud provider defaults.
- Advanced integrationsConnect internal alerting, monitoring, and BI solutions to Kubecost metrics and reporting.
- Enterprise SupportDedicated SRE support via private Slack channel and video calls. Expert technical support and guidance based on your specific goals.
- You can also install directly with the Kubecost Helm Chart with Helm 3 using the following commands. This provides the same functionality as the step above but doesn't generate a product token for managing tiers or upgrade trials.
helm repo add kubecost https://kubecost.github.io/cost-analyzer/
helm upgrade --install kubecost kubecost/cost-analyzer --namespace kubecost --create-namespace
- Lastly, you can deploy the open source OpenCost project directly as a Pod. This install path provides a subset of free functionality and is available here. Specifically, this install path deploys the underlying cost allocation model without the same UI or access to enterprise functionality, e.g. SAML support.