Kubecost Cloud Architecture Overview
Kubecost Cloud uses an agent to gather metrics and send them to our SaaS platform. The agent requires an Agent package and a daemonSet:
- Cost-model: Provides cost allocation calculations and metrics, reads from and scraped by Prometheus server.
- Prometheus server: Short-term time-series data store (14 days or less)
- ConfigMap-Reload: Updates Prometheus when changes are made.
- Used to allocate costs to the workload responsible for egress costs
- Enabled on install (to learn how to uninstall the daemonSet, see below)
The network costs daemonSet will be installed to your Kubecost Cloud by default, however you can manually disable it by adjusting the Helm value, shown here, or running this Helm upgrade command:
Remember to provide your correct agent key, cluster name, and reporting server in the below example code block.
helm upgrade kubecost cost-analyzer \
--repo https://kubecost.github.io/cost-analyzer/ \
--namespace kubecost-cloud \
--set cloudAgentKey="AGENTKEY" \
--set cloudAgentClusterId="CLUSTER_NAME" \
--set cloudReportingServer="REPORTING_SERVER" \
--set networkCosts.enabled=false \