Comment on page
Welcome to the Docs!
Kubecost helps you monitor and manage cost and capacity in Kubernetes environments. We integrate with your infrastructure to help your team track, manage, and reduce spend.
On this site, you’ll find everything you need to set up Kubecost for your team.
Kubecost provides real-time cost visibility and insights for teams using Kubernetes, helping you continuously reduce your cloud costs.
- Unified cost monitoringSee all of your Kubernetes and out-of-cluster spend in one place, with full cloud service billing integration
- Optimization InsightsGet customized recommendations based on your own environment and behavior patterns
- Alerts and governanceAchieve peak application performance and improve reliability with customizable alerts, configurable Availability Tiers, and real-time updates.
- Purpose-built for teams running KubernetesRunning containers on Kubernetes requires a new approach for visualizing and optimizing spend. Kubecost is designed from the ground up for Kubernetes and the Cloud Native ecosystem.
- Own & control all of your own dataKubecost is fully deployed in your infrastructure—we don’t require you to egress any data to a remote service. It’s deeply important to us that users are able to retain and control access to their own private information, e.g. sensitive cloud spend data.
- Built on open sourceKubecost began as an open source project with a goal of giving small engineering teams access to great cost visibility. As a result, our solution is tightly integrated with the open source cloud native ecosystem, e.g. Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Grafana.
For larger teams and companies with more complex infrastructure, you need the right features in place for efficiency, administration, and security. Kubecost Enterprise offers even more features and control so that any team can use our products, according to your entire organization’s standards.
- Unified visibility across all Kubernetes clustersView aggregate spend allocation across all environments by cluster, namespace, label, team, service, etc. As an example, this functionality allows you to see the cost of a namespace or set of labels across all of your clusters. An unlimited number of clusters is supported.
- Long-term metric retentionRetain data for years with various durable storage options. Provides record keeping on spend, allocation, and efficiency metrics with simple backup & restore functionality.
- Access control with SSO/SAMLFinely manage read and/or admin access by individual users or user groups. Learn more about [configuring user management]](install-and-configure/advanced-configuration/user-management-saml/README.md).
- Advanced custom pricingAdvanced custom pricing pipelines give teams the ability to set custom per-asset pricing for resources. This is typically used for on-prem and air-gapped environments, but can also be applied to teams that want to allocate internal costs differently than cloud provider defaults.
- Advanced integrationsConnect internal alerting, monitoring, and BI solutions to Kubecost metrics and reporting.
- Enterprise SupportDedicated SRE support via private Slack channel and video calls. Expert technical support and guidance based on your specific goals.
Once Kubecost has been successfully installed, check out our First Time User Guide which will get you started with connecting to your cluster's cloud service provider, review your data, and setting up multi-cluster environments.