Note: The Budget API is currently in beta. Please read the documentation carefully.
Recurring budget rules are a way of establishing spend limits for your clusters or namespaces. They can be created in moments using the Budget dashboard.
Begin by selecting the Create New Budget Rule button in the top right corner of the dashboard. The Create Budget Rule window opens.
Create Budget Rule
- Name: The name of your budget
- Property Type: Either namespace or cluster
- Target: Name of your existing namespace or cluster you want to create a budget for
- Time frame: Time frame of your budget rule before it resets. Either weekly or monthly.
- Reset Day: Specific day the budget rule resets, based on the selected Interval.
- Amount: Amount of your budget
Finalize your budget by selecting Save. Your recurring budget rule has been created and should appear on the dashboard.
It's possible to create a single budget rule for multiple clusters or namespaces (must be from the same property type) by using a wildcard suffix for the Target field. By adding an asterisk at the end of your input, the budget rule will affect all targets that begin with the input. For example, if the Property Type is Namespace and the Target input is
kube*, the created budget rule will apply for all namespaces whose names begin with
If you want to delete a budget, select the meatballs icon for your rule under the Actions column.
Selecting Delete will open the Delete Budget window. Confirm deletion by selecting Delete.
Deleting a budget